Mary K.'€™s Blog

11 October 2008

Bigger every day

Yep, this parade float is actually me at 8 1/2 months pregnant. I am getting bigger every day because little C is getting bigger every day.

We are doing pretty well. My uterus is now 38cm high which is considered above average. What can I say, out little girl is already an above average individual. hehe She is active every day so I am not too worried about her health. We went to the doc this past week and his only big concern is my swelling of the feet and legs. Actually, it bugs me too. I have been trying to keep them elevated but that is not helping too very much. I have had the fortune of only gaining 10.6 kilos which is about 25 - 27 pounds. Not bad for this fluffy girl. Little C's room is built and I have finally washed all the clothes that we have received, even the ones for when she is older. Yeah. I have just about packed her bag for the hospital and I am sort of packing mine. It is weird because it just makes it even nore real. Not that the thumps from the inside aren't real enough, just it is freaky to think there will be this little one joining our family here in a matter of WEEKS. I feel ready and not ready all at the same time. Please pray for us, all of us.

The grandparents are working on the remodel of their home so they are focused on their stuff while staying connected to what is going on in the Q family. Their new home is really lovely and coming along at break-neck speed. Yeah.

The weather had a cold snap here the past week or so with some uncharacteristic rain. I hope that has passed though I am not relishing the warm up in store. Spring here is a bit crazy but that is life here. It looks like a very toasty summer is on the way so pray that I don't melt and suffer too much. Thank the Lord in Heaven that I was not pregnant in summer here, I would have suffered A LOT!

Well, honestly, there is not much more going on in life here. We are waiting for our princess to decide to make an appearance. We are going to see her on Monday at an ultrasound and who knows how much longer after that in real life. Wow.

Love and hugs to you all.

fofinha posted at 11:47 AM

|