Mary K.'€™s Blog

30 October 2009

It has been a year now


Sorry for the length of time it has been since I have written. I normally only have time when I am at my parents though now mom has lent us a mobile connection and I have been able to access at home on the laptop.

So, it has been 6 months since we were all in the states and a year since my precious little C was born. Granted she was born at night so she is not officially one yet but today is the day. I am amazed that a year has passed and so many things have happened.

Lets see, Chelsea is walking and recognizing words in both languages. She knows some sign language too so she can communicate some other things as well. We are working on amplifying the sign language vocabulary. Her hair is finally growing and it will be curly. She is 10 kilos and 74 centimeters. She is rotten to the core but what child is not. We are in a moment of transition as she does and does not want her morning nap and if she does nap, it messes with her afternoon nap as it is doing with her as I type. C is very loving and knows very few strangers. We will have to be careful with that in the future. She goes into the church's nursery without a problem. She is a GREAT eater. She eats everything and is desiring to feed herself these days. She obeys pretty darn well but does throw a good little fit every now and again. Today, her birthday, she nursed for the last time. Her first six months were completely nursing then we have used the Brazilian method of introducing food. She eats everything and with her 8 teeth and molar wanting to come out I don't have to mash anything at all.

She is a cutie and we love her to bits and pieces.

I will try to keep you better updated than I have.




fofinha posted at 3:15 PM

|